Dear Dr. Blanchet,
At the most recent Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery- Global Open (PRS Global Open) Managing Committee and Editorial Board meetings held in October 2017 in Orlando, Florida, you were nominated and elected as an Associate Editor to the Editorial Board of PRS Global Open. Your nomination and election has been subsequently forwarded to the ASPS Executive Committee. They have approved your selection, and you are now an official member of the Editorial Board of PRS Global Open. Congratulations! Your term will begin and your name will appear on the masthead on January 1, 2018.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open is the international open access journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, aiming to improve patient safety, care, and outcomes one open access article at a time. The journal is an online-only open access publication, aimed at improving patient safety, outcomes, and care one open access article at a time; it launched in April 2013 and has surpassed all of our expectations. PRS Global Open has won several national publishing awards and is indexed by ESCI, a new edition of Web of Science, as well as SCOPUS. This is already a fast-growing, increasingly impactful, global platform for plastic surgery; and we’re only just beginning.
Your term as Associate Editor will last 3 years. At the end of your term, depending upon your willingness, performance as a reviewer, and the needs of the Journal, you can be re-elected to a second 3-year term. As an Editorial Board member, your responsibilities will include:
- Service as a high-volume peer reviewer for PRS Global Open (and PRS as well)
- Approximately 1 – 3 per month as discussed;
- Agree to review no less than 70% of the articles I invite you to complete;
- Complete approximately 90% of the articles you agree to review;
- Aim to submit each review on or before the deadline; be no more than 5 days late;
- Keep your personal classifications up to date in www.editorialmanager.com/gox
- we cannot properly invite you to review manuscripts in your areas of expertise without up-to-date classifications
- Optional attendance at the Editorial Board meetings, held at the ASPS Annual Meeting;
- Participation in Ad Hoc Committees which conduct studies and implement new initiatives for the Journal;
- Become a “PRS Global Open” ambassador: read and share articles via social networks, promote the Journal;
- An “ambassador kit” will be provided to aid in your understanding and promotion of the journal;
- Provide assistance with special projects upon request, such as building collections or generating article topics;
- Read, Share, Download, Email, Watch, and Engage with PRS Global Open content on PRSGlobalOpen.com;
- Help promote the journal and journal articles via social media (especially Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter);
- Let me know your ‘handle’ as soon as possible
- Use “#PRSGlobalOpen” on Twitter or Instagram
- A Social Media Digest is prepared and sent weekly to Editorial Board Members to make the process easier
- Consider submitting manuscripts to PRS Global Open if you have not already done so.
We do not anticipate these responsibilities to become burdensome upon you. We, along with the entire Board, are pleased to greet you as a member, and we look forward to working with you more closely on Journal-related issues in the years to come. Please let us know if you do not accept this position.
Rod J. Rohrich, M.D.
James M. Stuzin, M.D.