Snow Angels Range of Motion exercise for after breast and abdominal surgery
Post-Operative Breast Augment Implant Massage Video
All breast augment patients will be instructed to massage their breasts at some point post -op and Dr. Banchet will start this at different times for each patient but usually within the first few weeks. Breast reconstruction after cancer is a little different- we may have you massage one breast or both or neither. Massaging tissue expanders is usually not helpful and reasonably uncomfortable!
How to Care for JP Drain (Jackson-Pratt® drainage system) after you leave the hospital.
This video describes the best way to care for your Jackson-Pratt® drainage system after you leave the hospital.
- When caring for your Jackson-Pratt® at home, it involves the following:
- Milking the tubing to help move clots
- Emptying it twice a day and recording the amount of drainage on the Drainage Record
– If you have more than 1 drain, make sure to measure and record the drainage of each one separately. Do not add them together.
- Caring for your insertion site, the area where the catheter enters the skin
- Recognizing when there is a problem
For more information, click here.
Tissue Expander Simulation
Filling of the tissue expander as part of the process of breast reconstruction can be very terrifying for women, so this video is help get an idea of the process.
*If you get squeamish watching needles, don’t watch this video.
Navel Stenting – Post Abdominoplasty
Lovenox Video – We may prescribe Lovenox to prevent blood clots after your initial mastectomy procedure if you are high risk for developing clots in your legs post — operatively. Occasionally we will prescribe it for lengthier cosmetic procedures as well, especially abdominoplasties.